- Hot-plug PSUs: Platinum rated – 2400W or 2000W, or 1600WAC in 1+1 redundant, redundancy alerting only, 2+0 non-redundant configurations.
- 8 hot-swappable fans provide cooling to the I/O components in the system
- OpenManage Enterprise
OpenManage Power Center
Integrations and Connections
- OpenManage Integrations:
Microsoft® System Center
BMC Software(available from BMC)
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
Oracle Enterprise Manager
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
I/O and Ports
- 2 pass-through module or choice of 3 FN I/O Modules:
Dell PowerEdge FN410s4-ports SFP+ provides 4 ports of SFP+ 10GbE connectivity. Supports optical and DAC cable media.
Dell PowerEdge FN410t 4-port 10Gb Base-T provides 4 ports of 10GBASE-T connectivity. Supports cost effective copper media up to 100 meters.
Dell PowerEdge FN2210s 4-port Combination Fibre Channel/Ethernet delivers up to 2 ports of 2/4/8Gbps Fibre Channel bandwidth (NPG mode and full fabric services and 2 ports of SFP+10GbE.) Also delivers up to 4 ports SFP+ 10GbE (with reboot).
Supported Operating Systems
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
- Form Factor:
2U chassis in height
H: 8.68 cm (3.41 in)
W: 43.35 cm (17.06 in) without rack ears; 48.19 cm (18.97 in) with rack ears
D: 85.16 cm (33.52 in)
Server Sled Options
PowerEdge FC830: 4-socket, full-width 1U server sled, up to 2 FC830 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC640: 2-socket, half-width 1U server sled, up to 4 FC640 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FD332 storage block: Half-width: up to 3 FD332 per FX2 chassis for support of up to 16 x SFF 2.5″ storage devices, up to 48 SFF devices in an FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC430: 2-socket, quarter-with 1U server sled, up to 8 FC430 per FX2 chassis
- Uses Embedded Chassis Management Controller to manage all resources (server nodes, storage, networking and power) with a unified management tool, presented in a single console
Offers both local and remote management
Available with either Enterprise or Express CMC licensing
Server nodes each contain proven iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller for agent-free systems management, fully supported in the OpenManage product portfolio
I/O Expansion Slots
- Two versions of the FX2 chassis: one supports up to 8 low-profile/half-length PCIe 3.0 expansion slots, and the other, a lower-cost alternative that does not offer expansion slots.